Friday, March 15, 2013

Nerds, Dorks and Browncoats

What up dorks?

Alright. I have to pull a Jonathan Franzen on you guys. It turns out I totally gave you some wrong information. Phew... this is hard... I am not as awesome as I said I was. NAH! I am more awesome and the great thing about that is that you are now equally more awesome for reading this! So... You're welcome.

I do, in fact, have a real correction. I thought I gave you an awesome trivia tidbit a few posts pack. I said that Indiana Jones was the only ride without a physical turnstile. Well after hours of research, riding rides, eating churros, riding more rides(my god it was exhausting), I can officially say that I was wrong. Astro Blasters? No turnstile. Also, Pirates of the Caribbean. No damn turnstile. You guys are lucky I am willing to put in time to do all this research. You guys are my rock. Just when I feel I can't bear to spend another day walking around Disneyland, eating and riding and waving at trains, I think of you, my nameless, faceless, COMMENTLESS(don't think I haven't noticed) readers and I persevere... For you.

That's all of The Corrections(oh crap! that was the Jonathan Franzen reference from the beginning. I meant to explain that earlier)... for now...

The more FSL and I get to know Cast Members the more I notice that our favorites have a common bond. In the past few weeks we have talked about King of the Nerds on TBS with a CM(Wait! Make that two CM's! Congrats on the job Jaymie), laughed our asses off with a spit-fire of a bar back at Cove Bar, talked about Buffy cosplay at WonderCon, awed in amazement(seems redundant but I like to repeat myself) at a bartender who wears a Deathly Hallows ring and found out that a CM at Carthay Circle is a Browncoat(look that one up yourself chumps! I can't hold your hand for everything)! All of the best staff are nerds! I love it!

I am a 38(in your weird earth years), I am male, I am a blue alien and I am a dork. What I love about Disneyland is it is a safe place. Nothing breaks my constant scowl more than seeing a teenager smiling with their family even if their Dad is wearing a Pluto hat. FSL was wearing this shirt(in black though because black shirts are awesome) and all day, CMs, teenage girls, older men, young, old, tall, short, smart and mostly smart(not the dumb, they are by definition, dumb) were coming up and saying they love it or that they "get it". It was great. Disneyland is a great place for nerds.

What is all this sappy love shit? That doesn't sound like me! Just to be clear... I will probably talk shit about you anyway. Like the girls who freaked out that they knew each other from Tumblr(that is some mad scientist type shit there, I just don't get Tumblr, maybe because I am not a Twilight fan or that I know how to spell tumbler(I always wanted a rock tumbler as a kid... also can you parentheses inside a parentheses? Boom! I just did!)), they were nerds... but annoying as all get out. I am equal opportunity.

Last bit of inspiration. We will get a long just fine as long as you aren't a jerk, or annoying, or pushing a stroller, or named Ivonne. Feel inspired?

"When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable." Walt Disney

Boom! Face!




2 comments:

  1. Browncoat ... from firefly? Shit...another neglected must see show I need to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, you do! As far as space westerns go it is perfect and 100x better than Ice Pirates. Also, watch Dollhouse...

    ReplyDelete