Monday, May 26, 2014

Who Wrote This Crap? Err- Not THIS Crap, Cause I Wrote This or... Real or Bullshit Part 6

The road so far...  *Carry on my wayward son...*
Abandoned WWD parks.
Erections
Grey Stuff
Sam goes to hell
Gum
I'm not a crook
Doritos
Explosions
Dean is a demon

Sorry... Spoiler alert! You are supposed to say that after you say the spoiler, right?  Oh Man! I wonder if I can slip in any other references to my fandoms??  Prossibly... (that means no)

Also...  Dorks! *high fives all around* *some low fives for safety's sake* *couple of fist bumps* *and 7 awkward hugs*

Phew... What a journey! We are now OFFICIALLY over half way!

What have the jerkfaces brought us today?

#26 Any cast member can invoke the "No Sad Kids" rule. That means anything from replacing dropped ice cream and lost souvenirs to replacing soiled clothes for free.

I don't know if it is actually written down as the "No Sad Kids" rule. But it is true that Disneyland is great when it comes to replacing lost, damaged or dropped items. I have seen kids drop their ice creams and immediately get swarmed by CM's, one cleans up the mess and the other replaces the ice cream. It's not just kids either! One time FSL bought a light up Tinkerbell pin. We went on Haunted Mansion and as we were exiting she noticed that just the pin back was on her shirt and Tink was nowhere to be seen. We went back to the vendor where she got it, told him the story, and he directed us to City Hall where they issued a replacement voucher and BAM! New pin!

I am going to try wetting my pants and see if I can get replacements!

Just kidding! I already tried it... annnnnnnd it didn't work! People just wrinkled their nose and looked at me weirdly.
In actuality, during a Cove Bar Social Club meeting the "wind" *cough*FSL*cough* knocked a menu into a drink, which fell over in a torrent of icy, boozy, wetness all over my innocent leg(yes, including the Luxardo Cherries). No free clothes... Apparently Mother Nature isn't Disney's fault.

Oh! But I DID try to pick up my Diet Coke... with chopsticks... In the Carathy Circle Lounge... and I DID get a replacement soda! In a child's cup... with a lid. :( My shame... Shhh! I kept the chopsticks!

TRUE... But when it comes down to it, I think it falls to the Cast Members discretion.

#27 Fourteen of the original rides from Disneyland's 1955 opening are still in operation.

This is how I know that the jack ass who wrote this isn't a real Disney fan. This one is false because of a poor choice of words. It should say that there are 14 attractions from Opening Day that are still open today.

Here is what they are... I will start with the "rides"
1. Disneyland Railroad - actually called the Santa Fe & Disneyland Railroad
2. Jungle Cruise - My favorite.
3. Mark Twain Riverboat - Mark 1... Mark 2... Mark Twwwwaaaiiiiinn
4. Casey Jr. Circus Train - Had a lot of problems the first day, was closed the second day and reopened two weeks later.
5. King Aurthur's Carousel - Fun fact. One of the 72 horses is a mule.
6. Mad Tea Party - Not to be confused with Mad T Party...
7. Mr. Toad's Wild Ride - A ride about drunk driving and going to hell... Awesome.
8. Snow White's Scary Adventure - If you hit it right, you can hear the Evil Queen say "apple" 5 times...
9. Storybook Land Canal Boats - Originally called Canal Boats of the World
10. Autopia - Not Autotopia... CM's get extra money for working there because of the fumes
11. Peter Pan's Flight - Just a bit of Pixie Dust and we'll be on our way...

Not my definition of a "ride", but close enough

12. Fire Engine and Horse Drawn Carriages - The vehicles that travel up and down Main Street

There only seems to be 12. So right here the this myth is busted! Change ride to attraction and let's see what happens...

13.. Main Street Cinema - Now shows Disney shorts including Steam Boat Willie
14. Golden Horseshoe Stage - If you haven't been here, GO! It's air conditioned, has food and a great, fun show!

If you want to be technical and I do... The Disneyland Band debuted on Opening Day as well and they are still around... So that makes 15. DOUBLE BUSTED!

Researching this was difficult ... Everyone seems to have a slightly different list of Opening Day attractions. Weird. Should be pretty cut and dry right?  So, I did what I could and just filled in my own blanks... Captain EO was there on the first day, right?

FALSE based solely because of a poor choice of words... and it was the wrong amount of attractions as well. So there;s that too... "Solely" was a poor choice of words.

#28 When Disneyland was first built, it was supposed to have included the Land of Oz, but it was never constructed.

Kind of... But not really... Loaded language strikes again. This makes it sound like there was going to be a Tomorrowland, Frontierland and Land of Oz. That was never on the books... Disney was, however, going to build Rock Candy Mountain and incorporate it into Storybook Land Canal Boats. Riders would have floated into caverns in the Mountain and seen scenes(geez! That was a mouthful. Lemme try that again)... riders would have found scenes from Disney's new movie based on one of Frank L. Baum's many Wizard of Oz sequels. Plans for the movie fell through and the idea of Rock Candy Mountain and all its relation to the Wizard of OZ were EXTERMINATEd.

FALSE


#29 Disney parks are constantly repainted of touched up nightly to make sure the park looks pristine, They also employ undercover security to prevent vandalism and graffiti.

Yep, I mean that makes it sound like the entire park is repainted everyday and the would be an impossibility. But they do their best to keep up on all maintenance including repainting and touching up if necessary. 

The under cover security also looks out for thieves, public intoxication, death eaters and other behaviors that could ruin other guests experience. Also... they have a shit ton of cameras... Just kind of assume you are ALWAYS on camera.

This one is dumb... It's just common sense! Come on people who came up with these! Step up your game! We went from an obscure part of an attraction that was never build to this?

TRUE  

#30 During the parks first year, real ammunition was used at the Penny Arcade's shooting gallery.

Ooooh! Interesting... I couldn't find a whole lot of information on this topic. Some sources say that the Main Street Shooting Gallery used .22 caliber short rounds(Haha free Temple of Doom reference! That's not even part of my fandoms!). Winchester made rifles specifically for shooting galleries that fired the .22 short around that time. More likely the rifle shot .22 caliber BB's which were similar to air fired .22 caliber pellets that you can "shoot your eye out" with today. Unlike the .22 short, the BB does not use any propellent and uses only the energy of the primer to discharge the round.

Either way, the Main Street Shooting Gallery located in the Penny Arcade didn't last too long. Main Street is meant to portray the idyllic version of Small Tow, USA and gun fire apparently didn't fit into that.

I would love to be able to talk to someone who was there, or better yet a CM that worked at the Penny Arcade to give us some confirmation!

I am going to say that this "Silly Thing" is true because by definition any projectile shot out of a gun can be considered ammunition.

TRUE

That's it for today... I actually had to do some work on some of these! Won't be making that mistake again!

3 and 2 today...  22-7-1 lifetime.

In the next episode. Fingers, poop, dead presidents, rain and water! You had me at poop!

Stay Dorky!

-Jumba

P.S. Interesting question for you... Going back to Part 3 of this series.  Does the new Starbucks, that took the place of Market House, sell gum? You can usually buy gum there... Someone check on that! Or I will next time I go to the Parks... I will keep you posted! I know you will be checking the Facebook EVERYDAY until you have an answer... You are just that dedicated!

P.P.S. I know what you are waiting for... Well at least Carolina is waiting... I am going to dragggggggggg this out!

P.P.P.S. So! How are you guys doing? Having a good Memorial Day?

P.P.P.P.S. Pictures or GIF's? Both?



Fake Joey Fatone

Fake Nole Marin - Stylist and judge on America's Next Top Model





3 comments:

  1. I wanted to share my own fact with you about Snow White's Scary Adventure, when I was 10 my cousin and I saw a ghost on the ride. True story. Another true story about that ride? I havent been on it since.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you ever find out more about the Shooting Galleries in Disneyland?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for taking so long to respond Lee. I haven't found out anything more about the shooting galleries, but they are on my list of things I want to further investigate.

      Delete