Saturday, March 16, 2013

Fantasy Faire Type Stuff

Fantasy Fair is officially open! FSL and I went the second day to check it out. Took some pictures, although not great ones because I was trying to take it all in. It's kind of overwhelming if you have 4 eyes... like I do. Growing up was rough. I had to wear glasses and all the other kids called me eight eyes. Jerks.
The new Fantasy Faire(the "e" makes it more magical) is where the Carnation Plaza Garden used to be. It was an unused space during most of the day. Some nights it would host swing dancing and boy, are those lindy hoppers bitter! It is now the new home of the Princesses and a natural extension of Fantasyland.

It looks like they just trimmed some trees and you can finally see what has been there the whole time. Like a happy peephole(which sounds dirty).Designwise, it takes a bit of this and a bit of that from all the classic Disney movies, added some aspects from the current Fantasyland attractions and then sprinkled in some ideas from old world European villages. It fits in so smoothly that it looks like it has been there forever.
Off to the left of the picture is Maurice's Treats. Belle's father's food wagon which serves up some authentic Fantasyland fare. I recommend the Strawberry Twist. It is a delicious pastry with strawberries then twisted to wring all the great flavors out of the berries(I made that shit up! Genius! Food blog here I come!). They also serve a Garlic Parmesan Bagel Twist. Sounds like a taste of heaven, and it is good... but a little heavy. Of course I will eat one again, but only for scientific purposes. To drink you can pay $15 dollars for a water(slight exaggeration), $3.49 for a soda or splurge on Maurice's Boysen Apple Foamy iced drinky thing(maybe I will hold off on the food blog). It is totally worth the brain/chest freeze you will get from it. Totally worth it. Totally.

On the left side of the photo is the Royal Theatre where they have a retelling of Beauty and the Beast and Tangled throughout the day. There are padded circles up front for the kids to sit on and a lot of benches for the adults. The shows were designed with Walt in mind. It was important for him to design his park so kids AND their parents would love it. The Show Designer, Chris Utley worked hard to make sure the shows would be loved by everyone. Little secret. They left the original floor from the Carnation Plaza Garden and the benches are totally moveable so... maybe those whiny swing dancers will have a chance to do their jumping and jiving again sometime.

Right of the Theater is a store called Fairytale Treasures that sells all of your princess needs. Right of that, is a pathway that will take you into Adventureland right by the Rancho del Zocalo bathrooms. Above the archway is a golden seal that says CPG in honor of the former inhabitant of that location.
Gold seal says CPG... trust me

Just above the tunnel to Adventureland is Figaro from Pinocchio sleeping soundly until a bird in a cage wakes him up.
In the Middle of the Faire is Rapunzel's tower home. Some say, at night, there maybe a little magic that happens to it.


Off to the far right is The Royal Hall where you can meet the Princess and get a chance to get an autograph or maybe a picture.
Bye Snow! Yep, we are totally on a first name basis.

Oh! I almost forgot! Right before Snow disappears you can see Clopin's Musical Box which is a great touch. Check it out and try to pick out all the Disney characters located in it. Another super secret tip. One of the people in the crowd in the Musical Box is of Creative Director(aka designer/genius) Michel Den Dulk!

There is officially one Hidden Mickey which is weird because "officially" Hidden Mickeys don't exist. Also rumor of some hidden Pascal's. We may of may not have found one... but I'll let you hunt for it!

It is a really cool addition. No Strollers! Whoot!

Damn, I just made a mistake. I just noticed that there are other Disney blogs out there and they are... good... and informative... and have good pictures! Shit. I need to step up my game. One thing they don't have is my level of awesomeness and sarcasm. So if you want "good" or "informative" go there, but if you want a raucous good time(think Pleasure Island without all the turning into a jackass), then stick with this one. Good blogs are so passe... and for jerks... who hate puppies.

Quick fun game. If you read this pass the blog on to someone or else horrible fortune will befall you. What? Did I just curse you? Heavens no!

The world... is a carousel of color.

P.S. Oh! Also almost ran into(literally) new Disneyland President, Michael Colglazier at Carthay Circle. My plan is to save his life and he will be so thankful that he will offer me whatever job I want. I will say, Jungle Cruise Skipper and something where I can walk around the parks with a clipboard and be important.

P.P.S I know you want more pictures from rides that have nothing to do with Fantasy Faire. Cool yer jets! I got you covered. Splash Mountain? Okay!













8 comments:

  1. yay pics! never noticed the bird house and watermelons on splash mountain...did you get any pics with the princesses?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am pretty sure the watermelons is a boob reference, no pics with the Princesses. I am old and male, isn't me waiting in line for an hour to get pics with the Princesses a little creepy? Also, isn't waiting in line at all a waste of time?

      Delete
  2. I heard Snow White's kinda lazy...just lays around a lot. That true?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are thinking of Aurora, that lady just sleeps all day!

      Delete
  3. Ooo..."Anonymous" Guess who?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Look Anonymous, if that is your real name, the only games I play are UNO and Sorry... oh and Skip-bo... Annnnnnd Cards Against Humanity... But that's it!

      Thanks for the comment though!

      Delete
    2. Yes...I've played "Skip-bo" with you...
      -Love
      Anonymous R. Alloverus

      Delete