Saturday, March 2, 2013

Flash Friday!

Apparently yesterday was Flash Friday at Disneyland! There was so much flashing going on I found it hard to concentrate. I mean we got flashed three times in out first ten minutes in the park. It was so annoying!

Oh, hold on... FSL is trying to tell me something.

Huh. What?

OH! Whoops!

So, it seems Flash Friday could mean more than one thing. Who knew?

Let me clarify. Yesterday must have been Use Your Fucking Flash on Rides Day! It's not like there aren't 15 million(not an exaggeration) signs or audio recordings in multiple languages(well, two languages, but I have written letters trying to get Disney to adopt pig latin but, as of yet, they have not responded). It is so annoying. Well, I think the annoying part is that people tend to forget that they are at the Park with other people! I know you are having an experience with your hamily(Ha! I am leaving that typo in!) or friends and you want to remember it, but the thing is... Other are people are sharing the same space as you and they are also trying to make memories for themselves and don't need your flash going off on the Little Mermaid Ride. Follow the goddamned rules! Be respectful! And be aware that you are not the only person in the park!

Duffy waved at me. So, there is that.

During Moonlit Maddness FSL and I met a new friend who is a CM and she let us in on some inside information... the White Rabbit is indeed, a racist. It's actually part of the hiring process. They ONLY hire racists to play the White Rabbit. For real. It doesn't stop there, Captain Hook is an anti-semite, all Tinkerbell's are homophobes and Winnie the Pooh hates country music. The craziest thing, is the person who plays Snow White is traditionally played by a one legged neo nazi horse. It has to be real, I heard it all from a Cast Member... Or... I made it all up.

 I will say this, as a whole, it must be incredibly hard to be a character at Disneyland, every one wants your attention in every direction at all times. They do a great job getting on and off stage, but there is always someone who doesn't get what they think is the same treatment as some one else. Is it possible that the person playing the White Rabbit was racist? Sure. But is there a chance that there is another reason, or ten, for the Rabbits behavior? Yep. But what do I know, I am a four-eyed blue alien.

What a bummer of a post...

Fun Fact: The only major attraction at Disneyland that does not have a physical turnstile? Indiana Jones

And you thought you wouldn't learn anything...

I am taking catch phrase submissions as well as throwing out there that I will write about whatever you want instead of just droning on like a mad man. JUST LEAVE A COMMENT!

I will try this one for now.

Permanecer sentado, por favor







1 comment:

  1. flashers are the worst. worse than line cutters. worse than litterers...when they do it in pirates it bugs me the most...i wanna hear your thoughts on all the things that disney corp. wants you to forget about. (song of the south, black centaur, pin ups for soldiers, etc) i love that knida shit

    ReplyDelete