Tuesday, April 9, 2013

In Latin, It's Dorkus Malorkus or Fun-n-Wargames

Hey Dorks!

This post is going to be like the family newsletter you get from family during the holidays type of blog. I have a few announcements and "what's new" type things, I can tell you how Jack got straight A's and that little Belle lost her two front teeth. It should be a great read. Going to the park tomorrow see some Long Lost Friends and the new Buzz Price window that was dedicated today.

Stealing a line from the movie War Games(that reference is for us golden oldies)... Keep in mind you have to say this out loud in a Speak & Spell voice... ready? Okay! Start talking like a Speak & Spell... NOW! Shall we play a game? Did you do it?? I totally could have just done this to make it easier, but I didn't because I am a jerk. In honor of the not so world's greatest comedian, Jeff Foxworthy, I bring you... "You Might Be a Disney Dork..." Here are some examples. If you get into your car and immediately try to pull down a lap bar... You might be a Disney Dork. If you look for a Fastpass line at the DMV... You might be a Disney Dork.

Easy, right? Leave a comment or shoot me an email jumbajookiba626@gmail.com, or follow me on Facebook and leave it there, or, I am on the twitter @evilgeniusjumba. Let's see what we can get going!

Anouncements! I think I have decided to work my way over to a WordPress hosted site! What that means for you, my lovely and handsome reading audience is... Well, I dunno really... I hope to be able to redirect people from here directly over to the standalone site(no .blogspot, I will be a real boy!) so that will be no extra work for you... Ahh... Oh! people with idevices will be able to leave comments! So that's good, right? Maybe we will actually get some conversations going. It won't be for a while though as it costs money to get it up and running and, as of yet, blogging about Disneyland, doesn't pay the bills. Here is the rub. Someone is sitting on Evilgeniusguide.com and not using it for anything. Anyone have any ideas for a domain name?

What's gnu!(that was for the fellow Jungle Cruise fans out there) The Evil Genius Shop is officially open! Check out the link to the right or the widget on the right sidebar at the bottom. More stuff will be added soon. Anyone have a Disney favorite line? "Wildest ride in the wilderness" or "Of course... There's always MY way"?

Is that me on the front page of Google! Yep!

I was scoping out the competition recently I came to two conclusions. First, I have to get over feeling depressed after I read other peoples blogs. We all have a niche to fill. I don't tend to post breaking news, there is literally... 10's... of blogs that do that really well. What I offer is sarcasm, humor and mediocre pictures! Do I like mine the best? Of course! But that is because it IS the best! In a recent contest I won... and created, Evil Genius Guide to Disneyland was voted Best Disney Related Blog North of the 210! The second thing I found is that there is some really good blogs out there.

MrDaps. He is a "dapper" and you know how I feel about that... But he has some great pictures, his site is well done and it's family friendly. Also SUPER prolific on Twitter... just a heads up.

Jasonindisney Jason just started a blog(Yay for us newbies!). Great pics! He was lucky enough to get into 1901 and has some great pictures as well as some great shout from Club 33. The thing I really like about his site is that he is VERY open to people asking questions about their trips to the parks and provides a Park Tips section(we will agree to disagree on the Single Rider Line tip. Haha). Active on Twitter(but not overly) and Facebook. Check him out.

 Stay Dorky! HEY! I think that's it!

-Jumba

P.S. Don't think that just because I haven't been to the park that I will leave you without a gif!  It is a trippy ride through The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh!




3 comments:

  1. Priscilla said on Facebook - You know your a Disney Dork... when you check the ride wait times from your iPhone at work 8 hours away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. From Twitter @DanBeyerle said - If you try to trade buttons with the waitress at TGI Fridays... You Might Be a Disney Dork.

    ReplyDelete
  3. U know when your a disney dork - your "news" bookmarks consist of 17 disney sites and 2 "regular news" sites

    ReplyDelete