Monday, February 18, 2013

DAPPER DAY!

Dapper Day is coming! Wohoo! Who's excited? I know I am... not going to the park that day. That is the day that every drama club kid dresses up like an extra from Newsies and spends the day judging all of us normal folk. It is sure to be a good time. Little tidbit of information they don't tell you about Dapper Day. There are more fedoras in Disneyland that day than Humphrey Bogart's entire filmography. I won't hate on it too much. I will be a good sport and put up the link to the third greatest unofficial Disney day(the first being any day I am there and second, Gay Day).

It seems like there are plenty of Unofficial Disney days.

June 30th 2013 is Star Wars Day! Prepare for the Nerdening! Good news that parking lot will be empty because most of the people will just get dropped off by their moms. Sad news is I will be there with bells on... I wonder if the Jedi Mind Trick will work on Cast Members?

Last year my wife(yes, I am married, I may be an evil genius, but I am also adorable and charming... at least to her I am) went on Harry Potter Day. It wasn't as bad as I thought. There were a lot of people(mostly drama club kids) in costumes, some were super creative, some... not so much... too many slutty Gryffindor students. Didn't see a date for this year, but I hear the Ministry will be sending out owls soon.

There is... or was... or still will be... Possibly June 14th, a Raver Day. Dunno what that is, but it probably involves glowsticks and drugs. Sadly I can only picture Emily Valentine giving drugs to Brandon Walsh at a rave. I am... old. Here is a video of some high quality entertainment you may see on Raver Day. Won't be in the park that day.

Do you shop at Hot Topic? Do you like top hats and pale skin? If you answered yes to either of those questions, well then, Bats Day on May 5th may be for you! Get your Nightmare Before Christmas gear before then, otherwise you will be SOL! Nothing says HAPPIEST PLACE ON EARTH like a bunch of downtrodden goths.

I have been there on some unofficial Unofficial Unofficial Disney Days. There was the day 10 years ago where we seemed to be there on Skinheads Day Out. They were in line ahead of us on The World Famous Jungle Cruise, two couples, jack boots, shaved heads, and possibly racist patches on the jackets, then my wife and I decided to go to the Matterhorn and guess who gets in line behind us? Same group! Aggh! I am evil... but not like that. We were also there on MMA Day. There were a lot of muscled out dudes and families, we were behind Joe Riggs, I remember him because he reminded me of Guile from Street Fighter. And every other day we have been there has apparently been Push a Stroller Like a Moron Day. Never fails.

Keep it crispy(I am working on a closing tag. Stole this one from Pete Holmes)

p.s. Here is the actual link to Dapper Day \


No comments:

Post a Comment