Monday, April 22, 2013

Spoiler Alert! or... Where Did You Get That Wonderful Shirt

I am back Dorks! 

Two days at Disneyland for my "job" then three days in the Napa Valley being wined and dined for FSL's job...  It may sound like a nonstop party but it was exhausting! For real!

But, I am back now. Ready to give you all 75% of my attention... Well, maybe 65%.... 53%... Let's just call it as "As-much-as-you-are-going-to-get"%. 

So, pipe burst in the Lair and the living room floor turned into a sponge. Plumbers came out, need to repipe... No hot water for two weeks. FSL and I decided that we would probably need to take a shower before we went to Napa County so the only thing that made sense was to spent the night at the Resort. We have stayed at the Grand Californian and at the Disneyland Hotel, so we decided to switch it up a bit and we stayed at Paradise Pier.

We got to the park around lunch time. Hit up Cove Bar for some sliders and nachos, said Hey to Windsor and Ali and went into the park. Went on Little Mermaid, traded Vinyls at Off the Page and then went over to Disneyland.
We took a horse carriage to the Hub. First GIF! Rejoice!
You want another one? The Dude abides!
I gotta say. I know Disneyland is probably a really good gig for these horses, but they look sad. Kinda feel bad for the horses.
Look at this face! Adorable...

Despite what I read on MouseWait today, the Mark Twain was cruising around the Rivers of America like the majestic steed it is... Was that too much? Can a boat be a majestic steed?
Majestic
Steedy(I may have just made up that word)

We saw a little Rock-a-billy Haunted Mansion love connection happen. There was a solo rider ahead of us with a pompador and four inch cuffs on his jeans. On the exit ramp(which is the best foot massage in the park) this girl barrels past, taps the dude and says, "My friend wants to talk to you." We did what any awesome couple would do, hung around to take pictures. They chatted it up and them went looking for a pen. Obviously not readers of the blog because they would have known that I always have at least two pens in my go bag. So... their relationship is doomed.
Adorable, but lame because they don't read my blog.
We had heard that there was going to be a Mouse Wait "Meet Up" in DCA at 7. Ride Scream'n then drinks at Cove. So most of the first day was just killing time until we went to Cove Bar for the Meet Up... Come on, I hope you know me by now enough to know that really we were going to get to Cove early and set up shop to get a good view of the Mouse Waiters.. I would love to say that there would be no smack talking going on, but I am an Evil Genius, so, of course I would talk some shit... behind their backs... because I am gentleman. I have meet some MWers and they seem like good people, but as an entity, I just don't know if I have the patience to hang out with them. Oh! Let's play a game! It's called Guess the Vague Resemblance to a Celebrity - Cove Bar Edition.... Bum-bum-bum-buuuuuummmmm! That was my game show sound effect!

Fake celebrity number one!
Here is a hint: America's Next Top Model. What! You didn't watch that show? You are a liar...

Fake celebrity number two!
Hint: This person has No Strings Attached and if you don't guess right, he may say Bye, Bye, Bye!

That was fun.

The burning question on everyone's mind is probably. But what about the Meet Up? It didn't happen, so we had more Windsor cocktails and watched World of Color... and maybe talked about musicals with Bryan.

Paradise Pier was pretty cool! I was expecting to hear kids all night and have someone named Kronk(actually that would be pretty awesome) bring up our bags. The rooms were big and comfortable. The view was great!


That was the view! From... the hallway... Our view was not park side but it was still pretty good. You will have to take my word for it because I didn't take a picture. Best of all, the walk to the park is less than it is from the Disneyland Hotel! Oh! Also, they have an outside elevator! Bet you don't have a GIF from the inside. Of course I do!
You are welcome!

Got up early the next day and went scooped up some pins that were being released.

Hung around, watched the Jedi Training Academy show... It's lame until Darth Maul arrives... Err... Spoiler... Darth Maul is in it. So is Darth Vader! DAMN! I suck at this spoiler thing...
Ended the day meeting up with friends at Cove and cruising around Disneyland trying to get the Dumbo popcorn bucket then over to Radiator Springs. Hi Jaymie and Ashley!

I know the ending is abrupt! What do you want from me? I gave you GIFs, I gave you pictures, I gave you awesomness, I even gave you a hidden Mickey! Wait! Damn! Another spoiler... I will be giving you a hidden Mickey...

Hidden Mickey

My shadow!
Still working on my next "guide". It will be coming soon! It will either be on pin trading or New Orleans Square... I still need to do Splash Mountain too!

Stay Dorky!

-J

P.S. Ahhh, check this shit out... I also have a button or two... Available here!

P.P.S. Post your answers to the game! I will reveal the correct answers in the next post.

 

5 comments:

  1. So you totally forgot to mention you won your race on Racers, even with a car with squeaky wheels!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! No, I left it out on purpose. I had already done enough bragging... I mean I don't want to rub it in everyone's how awesome I am ;-)

      Delete
  2. that view of the grand californian really shows the mass and gurth of that hunk...i mean hotel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh, how do you really feel about the Grand... That's it your off the case!

      Delete
  3. YOU ARE A DISGRACE TO THE FORCE! YOU'RE OFF THE CASE BOBROFSKI!

    ReplyDelete