Saturday, April 6, 2013

Mickeys "Fun" Wheel or The Wheel of Death

Hey Dorks!

Some changes are here! I changed the follow by email service! The sign up is way easy and it will help me keep track of my followers... Right now I have 2 and one of them is me! I am giving you a sad puppy face right now. Am I tugging at your heart strings enough to get you to sign up? Here is the deal. I am working on a news letter that will be sent out periodically that you can subscribe to, if you follow the blog by email(link is top right on the right hand sidebar... I can come over and click it for you is you need) you won't have to re-sign up for the newsletter. Also... I am going to attempt another give away(Had only two entries in the last one, more on that after the break)! if you sign up to follow by email by April 30th you will be automatically entered into a contest to win a copy of Lots To Do In Line: Disneyland! It's just that simple! Be the envy of your friends.

Speaking of contests! We had a winner in the first Vinylmation contest! There were only two entries so I did a super awesome coin flip(it was a Canadian coin btw) and everyone give a hardy congratulations to Brianne of Petaluma, CA! She will be receiving two adorable Vinylmations and the biggest of thanks from me for actually entering the contest! Get it together everyone else!

We had a friend come into town earlier in the week so we beat him into submission(literally... no wait, figuratively) and finally he relented and went with us to Disneyland! Spring break is still in full swing so the parks were pretty crowded.
It was his first visit to DCA so we did what most people would do on their first trip to the park... Cove Bar. We were celebrating Matt's(who will from here on out be known as Fatty Matty, it's not mean... or true) engagement to his beyonce(totally going to use this in place of fiancĂ©e from now until... forever, or when I stop doing it, which ever comes first) Margot Mustard Green. Congrats you two! 
Yes, he IS wearing a Chad pin...


Super Soldier Serum

The Iron Man-hattan!

Well after a few... minutes... at Cove(thanks Windsor), Fatty Matty decided that we should go on the Mickey's "Fun" Wheel, or as FSL and I have been calling it since we went on it the ONE other time, the Wheel of Death! Again, I am an Evil Genius, I am not afraid of anything, except spiders and mimes, but this "attraction" would be better used as a torture device. Some of the gondolas just go around in a nice smooth, peaceful way like you'd expect on a ferris wheel. The other gondolas... swing... and slide... and make you feel you are going to fall off the face of the planet.
That's Fatty Matty! He has other names but we're in mixed company!
California Screamin'
Ariel's Grotto
Paradise Bay with the Little Mermaid ride in the background
Here is a video. I am not proud. I think I said "I'm still alive" 100 times... er- that was totally to reassure you, the readers, not to reassure myself ;)


There was 4 adults in the gondola all white knuckled preparing for the worst and one smug little girl who had NO fear! Uggh! She was the worst!

Went over to Disneyland to trade some Stitch pins. Crowds were awful between Jungle Cruise and Haunted Mansion.
Strollers... The bane of my existence.
 Soundsational Parade pics... took holding my phone over my head as we headed out(yeah, I am that good).



I have another post ready to go that I will put up tomorrow. Rossco SoleTrain will be back with LeftoverLand Part Three. New poll question will be up soon. Oh and in case you didn't realize it, there are little buttons at the bottom of each post you you can EASILY share this with friends! Don't forget to subscribe to the email and be entered into the contest!

Go out on a limb here. What Disney Park attraction can you live without and why? Leave a comment or shoot me an email with your answer. 

-J

7 comments:

  1. i love the person holding on to the cage in that video!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was just some random mom we got stuck on the ride with, White knuckled!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you posted the photo of me daydreaming about my Beyonce... or was it Chad? One or the other. You'll never know for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I received my win today! Thank you again. My little man fell asleep with the Wookie in his hand he loves it so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent! I am glad you like it! Thanks again for reading and participating!

      Delete