Tuesday, May 27, 2014

And the Poop Will Flow Through the Streets or... Real or Bullshit Part 7

What up Disney Dorks?

Could have I come up with a worse title? Holy hell!

Here were some other contenders...
*I Can Do It With The Whole Hand or Just Two Fingers, But Not Just One Finger...
*Dead Presidents Have a Purpose After All
*When It Rains, Thank The Main Drain
And then something about Big Balls.

And I went with poo... Because I am classy.
 
Here is Part 7 of the Silly Things You Wouldn't Know About The Disney Theme Parks

Ready to jump back into this? Here is the list!

#31 Park employees are required to point with either their whole hand or with two fingers. This is because some cultures see pointing with one finger disrespectful.

Totally true. That was too easy... Short post today... can feel it in my bones. And when I saw "my" bones, I mean the ones I keep in the jar next to my desk JUST so I can write this sentence...

Craziest story about the pointing thing. I read a comment on someone else's blog(yes, I can read) where they tried to say it was because that's how Walt's fingers were when the digitally removed the cigarette from all the pictures of him... Awesome! Wrong, but awesome.

The one finger point is considered rude in so many other countries, especially those in the Middle and Far East that it is probably just a smart idea to adopt the Disney point and use it in your every day life.

Here is another one finger point that is considered rude in many places, just not my Secret Lair on Skullcrusher Mountain and at Cove Bar Social Club... It is actually rude NOT to try to slip this single finger point into a picture, to emphasize your point, or as a form of salutation.
From Left to Right. FSL'S finger, Me and Joseph's finger(coming out of my face) and Judy... No salutation from her
See? That's from a Cove Bar Social Club Meeting during World of Color...

TRUE

#32 The brown pavement in Liberty Square is supposed to represent the sewage drainage into the street which was common in Colonial days. Yes... it's poop.

Oh my god! Who gives a shit?(Pun totally intended) It's actually a nice touch. Not much more needs to be said about this. Wanna see it? Here... annnnnd here...

In case you have never been to Magic Kingdom. Liberty Square is Disneyworld's equivalent to New Orleans Square... With shit...

TRUE

Hopefully this next one will be interesting.

#33 Some of the characters in Spaceship Earth are actually re-purposed robots from the Hall of Presidents. Teddy Roosevelt is a Roman Senator, John Adams is a Monk, and William Taft is an Egyptian priest.

Nope, not interesting. Disney has been repurposing animatronic figures for a long time. Most of the America Sings characters ended up in Splash Mountain and a couple in Star Tours. It totally doesn't surprise me...

Let's see if I can find some pictures... Carolina and Roman! Can you guys take pictures while you are there? Boom! Gimmie a three weeks and I should have some pictures for you guys... Can you wait that long? I am ALREADY getting excited! It's like waiting for Christmas morning! In this case, all you are getting for Christmas is blurry pictures of dead presidents dressed up as other people... Ooooh. You must have been bad this year.

Here is a good list of all the repurposed animatironics on Spaceship Earth

TRUE

#34 When it rains, guests standing underneath Spaceship Earth will not get wet thanks to it's unique drainage system

What's with all the Spaceship Earth stuff all of a sudden. I think whoever wrote it has a little crush!

Here is what Spaceship Earth looks like...
Photo courtesy of http://orlandoinside.com
Photo courtesy of http://thedisneyblog.com

Rain water is absorbed into the sphere through one inch gaps in the facets of the panels and drains into a system that channels all the water to into the World Showcase Lagoon. Fun-ish fact there are 11,324 facets and 954 partial panels. Fun-er fact.., I counted them all... Fun-est fact... I made that last one up! FUN!

TRUE but I have never been there to verify the validity...

Last one for today...Anyone else bored with these?

#35 The aquarium at Epcot's "The Seas" is so big...(how big is it? My tribute to the Match Game), Spaceship Earth could fit inside it.

Balls! This is getting ridiculous! This is how I am reading this. "The aquarium at Epcot's "The Seas" is so fat, my boyfriend, Spaceship Earth could fit inside." We get it! You love a giant sphere! Geesh! 

This one may need some math.... I am great at two things, drinking, swearing and counting things! 

Opening in 1986, Living Seas is home to the second largest salt water aquarium in the world, holding 5.7 million gallons... That's MILLION... 5,700,000 gallons... That's a shit ton!

Photo courtesy of http://apogeeattractions.com
The main aquarium environment measures 203 feet in diameter but only 27 feet deep while Spaceship Earth only has a diameter of 165 feet... but is 180 feet tall. I guess you need to take away the 18 feet the sphere is off the ground, bringing it to 162 feet tall... So, while it is true that SE could fit in the footprint of the aquarium... it would tower over it. 

I am going to call this "true"(I am even going to put quotes around it because as I say it I can totally picture myself doing air quotes as I say it) but "fit inside", is a relative term. I am still debating this one... If I buy  a pair of shoes, the shoes "fit inside" the box... But if I were able to stand with both feet in the same box, would you say that I "fit" in the box? True? False? True-ish? False-ish? Let's go with a push until we can debate it further... Leave your opinion in the comments!

PUSH  

This group was kind of... Boring? Sucky? Lame? All of the Above?

What's the tally for today? 4-0-1. Bringing the grand total to 26-7-2.

Let's hope tomorrow picks up a bit! Tomorrow we get to tackle: Pavement(not giving me a lot of hope), skulls(getting better), the definition of a mountain(lame, but I think it will prove enlightening), Steve Martin(pre cocaine and banjo) and Tinkerbell being a dude... There is some hope in these.

We are almost at the finish line folks! What am I going to write about after this? Any ideas? Post them to the Facebook page!

Please... If it's not too much trouble, remain Dorky!(It's hard to find new ways to say goodbye...

-Jumba

P.S. My top 5 things to eat at the Disneyland Resort
5. The Biscuits from Carathay - Save the Biscuits, Save the World
4. Lettuce Wraps from Cove - New and pretty damn tasty
3. Chimichanga from street vendors - Don't judge, blame Mario
2. Fried Pickles from Carnation Cafe - Delicious...
1. Corn Arepas from UVA - I may call them Corn Rapists...

P.P.S. GIF-TACULAR! Plus a Celebrity... Sadly, that may be that last of my Celeb shots.
Celeb alert! Mariska Hargitay from Law and Order: SVU




No comments:

Post a Comment